Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Primary Domain is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cthreepo

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
GB
Please can you help.

At random intervals client PC's are displaying the message; "The system cannot log you on to this domain because the systems account in its primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect".

What does this mean?

The password for the account in question is fine i.e. it works on other PC's.

Thanks.

let's help one another, not hinder.

Yes, Lots of 5722 errors (authentication for the PC's that I'm having trouble with, failed. Access denied.)

Do microsoft give solutions to these errors?

did you configure these PCs to be part of the domain? I would personally avoid this when ghosting. I would create a ghost image which is part of a workgroup with a disabled NIC. Once the PC is ghosted, you can add it to the domain and configure the correct IP or DHCP.

you want to avoid having these PCs trying to use the same SID or computer account in the domain. you should also ensure that they can get on the network and ping the AD/DNS servers.

Excellent. Thanks BOFH1 the first link seems to be quite interesting. I'll let you now how I get on.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back