Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Primary Coverage programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixboy

MIS
Nov 21, 2001
US
OK, this should be really obvious. However, I've looked around the 'net and through the Magix manuals I have, and nothing obvious jumps out at me as the answer. I'm trying to add an extension to the list of ones that ring when an outside call comes in.

We have two operators in the system (1183 and 1182), and extension 1182 has two other extensions (1171 and 1157) that are listed as Primary Coverage. I want to add 1153 to that list so others can hear outside calls coming in. (I know, there's probably a better way to do this, but this appears to be the way it's set now.)

How do I add 1153 to the Primary Coverage of 1182? WinSPM shows that 1182 has coverage on (there's no button programmed), which is OK. The manual talks about a programming code of *40 + ext. no. + Enter. That doesn't seem to work.

I discovered the primary coverage programming while searching through a backup file I'd made a while back with WinSPM. (I may also need to add ext. 1153 to the list of night mode ringers. That appears to be ext. 3000, which is not an actual phone, so this issue becomes more important.)

As I said, this SHOULD be simple, but ...

Thanks!

Add a primary cover button on 1153 of 1182. You can do this in central programming. Pick an available button on ext.1153 and put the primary cover button there and label the button on the phone. When someone calls the operator, ext.1153 will also ring and if any zeros out of the auto attendant, ext 1153 will also ring if the call answer service operator is ext.1182.

That almost seems backward, doesn't it? I finally looked into how 1157 was programmed and discovered it has a primary coverage button for 1182. Strange. I just set 1153 to have the same button, and I think that did it.

I couldn't find it to start with because I was assuming that the original extension (1182) would be the one that would determine its coverage assignments. Maybe it was Opposite Day at Lucent when they came up with that one!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back