Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Primary address is automatcally changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

steinshouerj

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2003
US
I have a user that has a differnet login name than their email address. The login is jenm and the email is jennifer@company.com. In active directory I change this users primary address from jenm@company.com to jennifer@company.com. When I go back to this later jenm@company.com is set back to the primary. Does anyone know of a way I can have jennifer@company.com always be the primary email address?

This sounds to me like you have a Recipient Policy enabled.

Brad

Thanks for the reply. The only reciepient policy I have is the default. It just lists the domain @company.com as the primary. For each user there is a box that says Automatically update email address based on receipient policy. I unchecked this box for the users that had a email address different thier username. So far this is working. I will post again if anything changes

This happened to me too! Checking 'Automatically update e-mail addresses based on receipient policy' will work; however, 'jenm' will still show up in the Outlook Address Book. Instead of doing this, change the 'Alias' field under the 'Exchange General' tab to 'jennifer'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back