Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Price record goes empty in POSCFG after every receive?? Any Idea how we can fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Thanks for replying we will not be able to upgrade to 5.7 there is a constraint for that.
By receive I mean if anything is pushed from the EM server and receive.exe is executed.

Thank you

That's usually because the store doesn't have a price tier attached to it. do a search in the POSCFG help file type price tier. it will walk you through on how to assign one

Hi jimmymcp02

Thanks for your reply, Is this any way related on how this cafe is setup in EM or I can do a change in Price Tier at store level.
If you see the screenshot attached it is all greyed out and non-editable.

Here is what I tried I created a new record for the menu item with the same PLU, at that time it had the price tier, but again there was something pushed from EM and the store received it and the price tier went away automatically.

Thanks and Be Safe

you need to go back to the menu item you created and give it a price tier see attachement. If you have already deployed items and those are working then the easiest way to fix this would be to copy an item that is working and then rename the copied item. The problem you have is that whatever new items you created do not have a price tier attached to them

Go back and find an item that is working and copy it so the price tiers come over the new item you created otherwise you will spend a lot of time trying to fix this.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=9fbe95ff-9f7f-416f-b1b6-81a7bc4014be&file=pricetieradd.JPG
I have tried to copy an existing item item as well.
Just can't figure out that how it keeps on working fine unless there is a packet push from EM.
As soon as the packet is received price tier goes blank

ok do this.

go to an item that you know is working with a price.

use copy and paste the item
go to the price tier that you know it belongs to the store and if you don't just add the price to each one of the prices see attachment. note for my test the store belongs to a price tier called med-dc metro I have my stores split into regions your might only have one price tier so add the price in all the tiers for testing
Assign the item to the store using mecu and deploy to the store
receive the item
reload the database
look for the item and see if there is a price tier with $ now.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=fddacc76-3666-4109-b55a-5d7bdd1d1a53&file=pricetier.JPG
Thanks for reply sadly I am not handling the EM part only have access to store level but definitely will convey this to the guy who is handling EM.
Will let you know for sure if this works.
Thanks again for your response :)

Someone from our team contacted support and got it fixed not sure how they fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back