Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLYPH

Technical User
Nov 25, 2009
CA
Hi all,

I manage an option 11c. I want to add some phones and I want to know if I have to add a PRI. For the moment I have one PRI. Can I print stat from my PRI to know how much chanel is in use?

How many people do you have on site?

1 PRI is not alot of bandwidth especially in an emergency.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

There are two ways to do traffic studies:

1. People complain that all lines are busy. If that's important, add lines.

2 Analyze actual usage.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

We are 150.
How can I analyse the actual usage.

An easy way is to ask your provider, they should have details on your trunk usage/minutes etc

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

You currently have only one PRI for a company of 150 people? Do you have any call centers?

We don't have Call center. For the moment 23 channel is enough. It is because we will add people and I want to know if it is possible to check the actual usage of the PRI, I know that is possible to do this with a trunk line. But I don't know with the PRI If it is not possible I will ask to my provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back