Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI wont Enable or disable

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedmomrik

MIS
Apr 16, 2003
US
I have to PRI circuits on a card that are not working, when I stat the loop it shows them as disabled. when I try to enable them i get DTI022 (already enabled) if I try to disable them I get DTI020 (already disabled) I have swapped the card with a known good one and get the same responses.

So, is it just the bearer chnls showing disabled? 24 chs, or 23 & a Dch? What does the Alarm process show? Do a few chnls at a time and see if they idle in ld 60

.ench xxx 1

.ench xxx 2

xxx is your loop, then stat and see if idle, if so, do them all.

Don't mean to be insulting, but if these are new, ensure the slot is correct.

It wont let me. As soon as I type ENLC, the cursor drops to the next line. Same thing with DISC.

These are not new. I did have the shelf trip the breaker yesterday. I enabled the Conf/TDS card, but I can't get the PRI's to come back. The MSDL card in this shelf is working also.

This is an Option 61, running 4.5. The Core portion of the shelf came up fine, the NET portion seems to be my problem.

My mistake. When enter

ench 18 1

BUG5954 (the TN of the trunk passed to PRI maintenance control for B-channel restart is invalid)

DTI072 18 1 (the ENCH loop/card ch command is not allowed because the associated D-channel is not established)

Have you looked at that DCH in 96? Disable the Dch, then go back to 60 and disl, enll the loop

The DCH is disabled. I just did a stat in ld 137

>ld 137
CIOD000
.stat
IOP 0 ENABLED (ACTIVE)
CMDU 0 ENABLED (ACTIVE)
ELNK ENABLED
SDEV 0 OK (KC VALID)

The front led display says the CPU in in standby mode, but shouldn't it show up as being ENABLED (Standby)?

How do I turn this back on

enl cmdu 1 gives me a CIOD002 Invalid Arguemnet response.

0 is active, 1 in standby right? That is correct! Don't mess with it. Knock down that D in 96 and bounce the loop in 60.

SHouldn't I get a status like this

>ld 137
CIOD000
.stat
IOP 0 ENABLED (ACTIVE)
IOP 1 ENABLED (STANDBY: S/W STATUS)[\b]
CMDU 0 ENABLED (ACTIVE)
CMDU 1 DISABLED (In Split Mode)[\b]
RDUN DISABLED
ELNK ENABLED
SDEV 0 OK (KC VALID)

to at least show that the system sees it?

ld 96
stat dch

ld 60
lcnt x

and pls post the ld 60 card stat?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

check the alarms on the card , cuase i have the same problem, the reason that there is a far end alarm on the pri card wich cause that the channels stay DSBL.

I ended up taking the entire system down and rebooting. When it came back up, all the T1's re-enabled properly, and all the est of the NET cards.

The DCH was RLS AUTO and the loop stat showed DSBL. It just wouldn't let me either enable it or disable it.

then the fix would have been to dis the msdl and enl msdl x fdl.. that loads/reloads current software to the card.. any time you do a change on the d, that card has to be downloaded.. power cycle does that, if the onboard mem does not checksum.. i have had to back up newer techs that did the power cycle and the switch would not come back up.. that's never a good thing

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back