Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI with slips and Traffic relation

Status
Not open for further replies.

telepath

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2003
MX
I have a PRI E1 link with slips that don't cause it to go down, they are kind of "normal" as it has been like that for some years. It is the backup link and it handles mostly incoming calls, but now I want it to be the main link. Would an increase in the number of calls increase the slips and thus possibly taking the link down? I'm inclined to think it won't but I'd like to be sure.
Thanks.

I once dealt with an ISDN30e link that had line slips, It wasn't service affecting, but the cause was found the be a faulty clocking card. It had nearly all the 30 channels in use.

We tend to create a new PAD table in LD 73 and have all the settings set to "0" and then assign the new pad table against each trunk.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Few things what type of circuit is is E1 or T1? what sort of system are we talking about CS1000 or older 51/61/81 etc.?

Only place we had something similar is E1's in Manila all setup up right and we had Bayantel and PLDT in one gateway, which ever one you were not clocking from would slip. So clock from PLDT and Bayantel slips and visa versa. Can only put it down to the 2 carriers cannot be in sync or at least there transmission equipment is out of wack. Fix is obvious in CS1K don't have these two carriers in the same gateway.

Thank You for Your replies. The system is a CS1000M v5.5 (upgraded from an op81C) the link is E1. The thing is that I don´t need to fix the slips at the moment, I just want to know if an increase in traffic will increase the slips and in consecuence take down the link.

If its E1 is it an incorrect setting for CRC4? Quite often E1 will not come up at all with a CRC mismatch but I have had circuits come up in the past an just slip. Also have you got a good clock source tracking ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back