Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Trunking Between 2 M-1 Opt 81 through 2 Cisco Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCNewbie

Technical User
Oct 27, 2002
US
I need your expertise. We have set up a PRI between two Opt 81 that goes through our data network:

Opt81#1(RNX 233) ---PRI---Cisco 7206 #1---frame relay---Cisco 3640 #2---PRI--- Opt81 #2 (RNX 234)

We got everything to work except...
There are two dialtones: one provided after 8 in PBX #1 and one after RNX 234 dial ... we then have to dial the number again 234-xxxx. May be we've been staring at this too long and not seeing it. There is no such option to have the Cisco routers to provide dialtone back. The only thing that I can think of is the LD 86 DLTN ... but that is set to "no." What am I forgetting to turn off?

- PBX #1 send 7 digits after translating 8+234 in BARS to Cisco #1 (234-XXXX)
- Cisco #1 ships 7 digits out to frame relay cloud after 234:
dial-peer voice 234 vofr
destination-pattern 234....
session target serial0/0 100
dtmf relay
- Cisco #2 send 7 digits out to PBX #2 (234-XXXX)
dial-peer voice 234 pots
destination-pattern 234
forward-digits all
- PBX #2 takes 234 through NARS and term to extension XXXX.

Also both trunks are PRI ... can we send Calling Name and Number to either side using MCDN?

Thanks for the help ...

You may want to check the clocking which switch is doing the clocking?

phonedude ... thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure how clocking has to do with second dial tone. The call works; however, after the initial 8 into NARS and translating on 234 and out to the routers ... I get a second dial tone and I have to re-enter the seven digits DN to terminate the call on the 2nd PBX. It seems that the second dialtone after the 8234 is coming from the second PBX and the second PBX is waiting for the remaining digits (he is ignoring all the digits pass on by the second router?) ... I guess.

The call completes and works great ... but something, somewhere in NARS of the second PBX is causing the second dialtone and wait for digits.

I'm not sure the dial-tone is the problem. What are the D-Channel messages saying. Call setup to Cysco should show number dialed and call type. Do you get a call setup after the 8234xxxx is dialed the first time or not until you enter 234xxxx again?

You are correct, DLTN in the ESN datablock set to NO will kill the secondary dialtone after the 8.

I would be interested in seeing the PRI setup message going into RNX 234. My initial guess is that this is going to be an Overlap Signalling problem. If you have overlap ON, turn it off, and try again. If the problem persists, then look at the DCH for a clue.

I have a FAQ on my site on how to enable DCH monitoring on the Meridian:

--
Fletch

Here's some thoughts. I feel the real problem is that not all of the PRI siganalling is being completed through the Cisco's. I would try adding the the command "direct-inward-dial" to the terminating router 'dial-peer voice 234 pots'. My guess is that the terminating router is receiving the digits but not echoing them to the destination PRI.

I'm 99.9% sure the Nortel's are not the problem. If that doesn't work I would be interested in seeing the debug output of each router. Use 'debug isdn q931 int [pri port]'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back