Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI to PRI calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtc123

Technical User
Mar 30, 2011
US
I have a option 11 inservice and need to move a dozen phones to an Avaya IP system. I added a PRI between the two. The option 11 has two PRI's to the LEC. I can get a DID call to pass to the avaya via ACD NCFW to the RDB access code and ext. I cannot get the avaya phone to hit the option and pass out to the LEC. I turned msgo and msgi on and get unknown number when the call tries to pass through. It does show the right number being called. The weird thing is 800 numbers pass through but call the wrong number. Any suggestions on where to look?

Look in LD 87 on how to use steering codes instead of ACD's for your inbound traffic, it's a much cleaner way of doing it. For your outbound calls, make sure the option 11 is receiving a leading 9 (or whatever you use to dial out) so it knows to send it outbound. If that is not the answer, let us know and there are more detailed routing changes that may take care of this issue.

Yes the Avaya is pushing the 9 (AC1) instead of using INST in the RDB. Different numbers call different locations. Some local numbers get a avaya reorder with

DCH 24 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUP_IND REF 000067A8 TOD 13:29:12 CK 0889CD9E
CALLED #:917149811196 NUM PLAN: E164 TON: NATL
PROGRESS: ORIGINATING END IS NOT ISDN
CALLING #:4122351001 NUM PLAN: UNKNOWN TON: UNKNOWN

DCH 24 UIPE_OMSG CC_REJECT_REQ REF 0000E7A8 CH 4 23 TOD 13:29:12 CK 0889CDBA

CAUSE: #1 - UNASSIGNED NUMBER

This is the D-channel Avaya to Option 11

A different local number will go to Voice Mail saying your session can not be completed

there should not be a 9 on the outbound PRI, only coming from the Avaya. The Telco only wants to see the 1714 ....

That is the PRI comming from the Avaya. The call gets blocked before it even hits the LEC. My understanding is that 9 should be absorbed by NARS, then directed by the 1714 NPA to the RDB. The 1714 NPA points to the LEC.

I ment to say RLB not RDB in the last post.

Ok just found out it is only taking 4 digits from the avaya. if the avaya dials a number on the opt11 it rings the ext, if not in the opt11 the call will get avaya reorder. so if the outbound call string is 917149811169 it will only pick up the 1196. There was something about the LDN for digits received. Checking for a valid LDN. Why would it only pick up the last four digits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back