Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI TIE NI2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker48

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
I have a Nortel Meridian 1 61C, need to change the IFC from SL100 to NI2, Software version Seccions 4.5, can you give me the procedure on how to change this, What loads and what order to complete this procedure, I have 1 DCH with daughter board, the daughter board is my DID, any help would greatly appreciated, going from nortel to Cisco.

Your Help Is Greatly Appreciated.
Thank You
Undertaker48

if the tie is going from nortel to cisco then you should look at qsig... to change the interface type you'll need to go to 96 and dis dch x auto, ld 60 disl x, ld 14 out 23 and remove the trunks, ld 16 out rdb then put it back in, all prompts can stay the same except the ifc type..

do not forget, before you bring it back up, go back to 96 and dis msdl x all, then enl msdl x fdl.. that loads the changes to the msdl card.. you'll see sdl 100 as she downloads.. then go to 60 and enll x, look for dti023, 60 seconds later the d will estblish.. then stat x to see if the trunks are idle... total to change the ifc runs about 15 to 20 minutes...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John where do I print all these loads, so I make sure I put everything back like it was except, for IFC. Thanks

Thank You
Undertaker48

prt the trunks in ld 20, prt tnb, print the rdb in ld 21.. should not need to out the adan but print it in 22. prt adan dch x

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, where do I check the qsig, this my first pri tie change, thanks

Thank You
Undertaker48

John, I'm trying to disable loop 18, I disabled dch 1, but it will not let me disable loop18, I get Err PRI010 Disabling of this loop not allowed, associated dchI must be disabled frist, can you help

Thank You
Undertaker48

Hi all, John, I disabled dch 1 and can't disable TIE loop 18, I took the the steps you sent me, Thanks, but now my loops are down, making no calls, so do I need to take out the DCH, to get my system back, let me know what I should do. Thanks

Thank You
Undertaker48

ld 60
disl 18

what error do you get?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

ld 60
disl 18

enll 18

will put you back in service IF you need to wait for a slower time frame

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, They set up the dch for loop 18 as dch 18 not dch 2, so when I found that out, I got everything back up running, Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Undertaker48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back