Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2005
US
OK, i programmed my first PRI, but just went by the faq from here. WORKED PERFECT. Question. Had I programmed something wrong, how could I have checked to see the b-channels up?
is the only thing to look at error log? Or can I runa test? In a perfect world, lec says b-channel is up, I should be able to make a call....

I was waiting to see if anyone would post on this, but so far no. So I will post what I know. I don't know of any way to get that info. You might try "maintenance" / port /line/ stat.

you might get a bussy out "YES

yeah, i was just curious. The lec told me I should be seeing the b and d channels up.

They can't see them... they can only tell you what their equipment is doing. You will get signal if the connectivity is there, but software issues (Switch type/protocol) will kill your PRI service. If you have EFS B8zs set, they think everything else is cool...not so. You will see Innoperable D channel in PRI under errors when you have these problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back