Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

atcom11

Vendor
Jan 7, 2008
US
I have a customer with an MICS with 6.1 software they have PRI T1 with a Services Cartridge. The customer is experiencing clinking
when they make or receive a call. Verizon is looking into the issue. The customer wants me to swap out the T1 card to see if that fixes the problem.

I need to know if I can swap out the T1 card since it's a PRI T1. I don't want to lose the PRI keycode.

Also does anyone know if you can still get PRI keycodes?

Thank you for your help!!

For PRI you need one of the two setups:
-DTI card with a Services card
or
-DTI card with a Combo Expansion card

-The Services card provides the clocking and the DTMF
-The Combo Expansion card provides the clocking and the DTMF as well the expansion for up to 6 more modules

"they have PRI T1 with a Services Cartridge"
It appear you have "DTI card with a Services card" all though not clear.

If swapping cards, I might try the Service card first before the DTI card but it's a tough call.

Check Alarms and also Events for clues under "Sys admin log" and I think "Network ext log"
Check that the parameters of the PRI match the carrier - see this FAQ for basics.

Maybe try another patch cord too.

Swapping cards with the same type will not cause you to lose keycodes but you have my number if needed for them.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Clicking on PRI lines during active calls is one of the major indicators of a timing issue. Like Curly says, make sure your parameters match the carrier's settings.....in particular, the coding and framing ones. If I recall correctly, NI1 is equivalent to DMS-100 on the Norstar/BCM systems and NI-2 is for ATT #5ESS. Make sure these match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back