Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI SETUP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritelcarlos

Technical User
Dec 19, 2005
US
Hello,

Could you please help. I have a system that i am installing a PRI circuit and I cant get the outgoing part of the PRI working it works great for the inbound DIDS . the system has the following cards the system is a MAGIX 4.0 V 7.0 METAL CABINET AND THE EXPANSION CAB ALSO METAL. The following cards are installed slot 1 412 slot 2thru 5 016 etr cards
expansion cab 1st slot 016 t/r 2nd and third slot 800 iclid 4th slot merlin meassing 5th slot 412 slot 6 100DSI PART NUMBER 617N15 . i have two questions for now can the T1 card be installed in slot 11 and if so what is the first line number 825 correct? what happens is when an outgoing call is placed the user gets a second or two of silence and the a system reorder tone like a busy sound.

THANK YOU

Create a new ARS table, with area code 800 (and 888, 877, 866, 855, and 844) in it, with pool 890 in the route.

Go to Tables, ARS, then ARS Input

Table 1, Enter
Area Code, Enter
It asks for your entry number, use 1 and Enter
800 and NEXT (to go to entry number 2)
888 and NEXT
877 and NEXT, etc, until the last one, press ENTER

Now you want SUB-A Pools, it asks for Table and Route, so you put in 11 and Enter (Table 1 and Route 1)

Here is where you put in pool 890 and Enter

Once you have done that, print your ARS tables again, and have a look if it makes sense.

Things are working great . I have one more piece of the puzzle i would like to set up redundancy. I have 8 copper lines in pool 890 and the PRI is in pool 70 what i would like to do is program the system if the PRI goes down the copper lines take over for outgoing calls . not sure what to program.

thank you

Just like you did above

Pool 25 and 25, Route 2, set the Sub-A pool to 890.

So that's Sub-A Pools, 252 (table 25, route 2), 890, Enter, and Sub-A Pools, 262, 890, Enter

ok thank you but you know i just remembered 911 calls and 411 how will they be handled?

Can't change the pool on those, so you may consider putting you copper lines in 70, the PRI in 890, and changing route 1 (toll free) to use 70, and the default toll and local tables to use 890 first, and then 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back