Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Setup Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacMan11

Technical User
Jan 19, 2004
CA
I am in Canada setting up my first PRI and have a few questions if anyone can advise me. On our 11c running 25.40b I have an NTAK09BA with NTAK20DA and NTBK51BA downloadable DCH daughterboards. I believe that I have setup the cards okay as per the NTP for 1.5Mb PRI. The cards seem to be fully enabled. When I use LD 60 and do a stat on the card I get the following:
PRI* TRK LOOP 6 - ENBL
FFMT/LCMT/YALMT: ESF/B8Z/FDL
TRACKING
SERVICE RESTORE: YES
YEL ALM PROCESS: YES
ALARM STATUS : YELLOW
CH 01 - IDLE ISA CH 02 - IDLE ISA
CH 03 - IDLE ISA CH 04 - IDLE ISA
CH 05 - IDLE ISA CH 06 - IDLE ISA
CH 07 - IDLE ISA CH 08 - IDLE ISA
CH 09 - UNEQ CH 10 - UNEQ
CH 23 - UNEQ CH 24 - DCH 6

I believe the Yellow alarm is okay because I have not contacted the telco to do their final thing which I will get them to do on Monday. The LEDs on the card are all green except for the Yellow of course.

As I understand it the ACOD for the service route is used to gain access to a B channel for making calls. Is this correct? I am not certain what the TKTP should be for the service route. Is it COT? Do I create 2 service routes? One for outgoing COT and another for DID? This brings up my other question for now. How do I associate with a specific DID. I want one DID to terminate on our Meridian Mail voice menu DN (as it does with our current setup on ground start lines) and I want another DID to terminate on a different DN associated with a number of 2616s. If anyone can nudge me along with this it will be very much appreciated and thanks in advance.

With the help of this forum and its wonderful members I have been able to get IP Line functioning. It seems there is always something to do with these switches. Lots of fun, but time consuming for a computer guy who has taken the responsibility of the 11c.

IF THIS IS A ISDN PRI FROM YOUR LOCAL VENDOR YOU NEED TO SET OF THE TYPE AS DID, AS FAR AS THE DID NUMBERS YOU JUST PROGRAM THEM AS DN'S. THE ONE GOING TO MERMAIL BUILD AS A ACDN NCFW TO MAIL.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I have used TIE as the trunk type for my service route instead of DID. They both function the same as long as the vendor uses the same signel type you set. I recommend Wink Wink.

Perry,
Do I create a service route for each DID and place the number as the ACOD?

I don't understand how you have Idle trunks
with a yellow alarm something doesn't seem right
your D'channel can't be up with a yellow alarm
can it. Yellow = far end off line/not in sink

You could use IDC table in ld 49 for translating
your incomming digits to your other DN's.

Looks like you already have your route built as
ISA (Call-by-Call) if your PRI provider will support
that it should work for in or out just fine. IF they
won't support it you should use DID or TIE they too
should dial in or out just fine.

All the trunks should go in the same route unless you need to split them for some wierd reason.

I may not understand your last question but I think you
are trying to route the calls for dial out right?

1st) the ACOD is a number you put in the RDB ld 16 and it
is really for call testing only. you should have everyone
tgar'd out of the ACOD and only your maintainence set should have access to it, unless again you have some wierd reason to allow folks into the route by the access code..

2nd) you need to determin the traffic that will go out the
new PRI route and build your translations to match. NOTE: EXPERIENCED USERS ONLY IN THE BARS/NARS LOADS BELOW.
build OR change it in LD 86,87,90..

before I go any further let me know if this is your question?????

Thanks everyone. I needed the IDC in LD 49 as meridian911 pointed out. Now the last issue (I hope) is that when we dial out through the PRI the person getting the call sees our local DN. I need it to show up as our telephone number. There are so many caller/calling id options I hope someone can save me going through them all by directing me.

build a new clid table that sends your 7 digit (or 10) and apply it to the stations, if your switch is sending the right number to the co lines mark the rdb as a external route. but remimber forwards xfer etc work different to a ext. route. after you build a table, just put it on your phone and call out for a test, but you can have only one clid table per phone. the co can be sending your company 10 digit for you, easy to determine if you change the clid entry and look for a change. i send out a 1900 number so people always answer but never call back.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks a lot John. I hadn't used CLIDs before but I have it going out now. I doubt it is optimal but at least I have retained control rather than have the telco do it. My next job will be to sort through the incoming data so that I can use CDR to make sense of who is going where. Should be fun. One last (ha ha) question. Can I control the name that goes out also? If so please point me in the right direction. If you ever come up to Niagara Falls let me know...lunch is on me. By the way I like the 1-900 scheme. :)

MacMan Make sure your carrier sets up their translations to pass your clid. Down South here (further South than JohnPoole) the Central Offices screen the CLID sent to them for delivery of proper DN, and upon seeing a DN not in their screening table, ie; 1-900 ,ignore that and instead send the billing number of the trunk route!

Thanks roupe. Our carrier is sending out whatever we put in for the CLID which is nice since we have the control. Do you know if names are defined then with the CLID or are names defined elsewhere? I talked to the carrier and they said they send on whatever we put out. I just don't know where any name we put out would be defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back