Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryezak

Technical User
Jul 1, 2008
I have a PRI going in for a customer. Kind of new to PRI with Nortel.

Which slot does the PRI Card go in.
I have a LS/DS card to go in as well. So I wondering if slot 3 or 4 is preferable.
What is the procedure for adding the PRI Enabler code. Do it first then put the card in? Where in the Programming do I set up all the PRI settings. Timing, ESF ....

Does anyone have a cheat sheet on turning up a PRI? I found one in the FAQs but it was not that clear.
tks

The Slots are interchangeable.

Do all hardware/software changes before activating PRI Enabler.

"Arizona Cardinals NFC Champions!

Well, if it's not too late, I'd say you're gonna need a certified (or at least a qualified) Norstar tech to help you with that one. Some things we can easily talk you through but that ain't gonna be one of 'em.

Phonehed in Dallas

1. Install the DTI card
2. Install PRI enabler
3. Under Hardware, change card type to PRI

Program as needed. Make sure you've got all the telco settings (sf/esf, ami/b8zs, protocol, receive digits, etc...) the same as the info you've been provided.

Also make sure you have either a Services or a COMBO Card for the clocking of the PRI.

Here is a heads up in Norstar Programming:

When turning up the PRI.
Remember under Hardware -
KSU (1) is actually slot 4 on the cabinet
and KSU(2) is slot 3 on the cabinet.

And there is no reference to slots 1 and 2 which are where the slim fiber/combo or clocking cards go.
I learned this the hard way, so I just wanted to share with you all.

download the mics 7.0 installation guide to assist you. There are quite a few parameters you must follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back