Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TELECOSYSTEMS

Vendor
Dec 27, 2006
US
I have a 12 channel PRI installed, when I go into the system status app I see channel 10, 11, 12 are in service, and current state is blank not idle. I have reset the circuit at the smart jack with no change in status. Any ideas? Thanks

OK, this post lacks a fair amount of useful information, aside from what actually the problem is.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Channels 10,11 & 12 are not being accessed by the system. It's like they are not there.

What Licences do you have in the system?
What Diagnosis have you performed?

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Channels 10,11 & 12 are not being accessed by the system. It's like they are not there,anymore. The system has been in for 10 months. All 12 channels have been active until recently. If you need to know about licences I'll need to get back to you. As far as diagnostics I haven't done any, what would you suggest? I'm on the learning curve for the IPO. Thanks

If they have previously been working what has changed.
assuming the system still has valid licenses for the 4 additional channels I would suspect an issue with he PRI

I would check with the line provider that the customer still has 12 lines configured.

if that does not confirm the issue then you will probably need to prove with an ISDN Tester

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Check licenses for 12 total PRI channels, check Line configuration on the PRI and see if all 12 channels are set to in service, check with the provider to see if the PRI is configured for 12 channels on their end.

You can force a call out of channel by finding the channel's line appearance id number. Then you can make a line appearance button with that ID number and force a call out that channel. Watch on System Status and see what it shows when you try to do that and also what kind of audio response does it give you.

On a normal call out, do you get a waiting-for-line response? Or does it automatically call out on channel 9?

It sounds to me like an internal issue on how the channels are configured or licensed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back