Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI public DN Legnth / Routes; Dest. Code 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumpnugget

Programmer
Jun 5, 2003
US
I have a Norstar MICS w/ 6.0 software. The service provider is sending me National Protocol from a Lucent 5ESS.
The system is set up on NI-2 and my NSF ext. is OUTWATS. I have built route 001 w/ a Dest. code of 9. Any local or long distance call dialed is immediately followed by a normal clearing message before the call connects. We did a call capture that showed the ICS was passing the 9 in front of the the dialed number( ie. intercom 9 481-0037 was seen as 948-1003). I have tried adjusting my public DN legnth w/ no success. Any suggestions?

go to the destination code and set the absorb length to 1, this will absorb (truncate) the 9 off of the front of the dialed string.

feature * * 2 6 6 3 4 4 -->services-->routing services-->dest codes-->9-->absorblength:

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

It seems the system will only allow me to set the absorb length to "1" if I use 9.(any#). Otherwise my absorb length options are none or all. Is there another way to use 9 and get my absorb length to 1?

you are correct it will only absorb 1 digit, you want the digit absorbed to be the leading digit, in this case a 9.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

and ga and use 9 any since that will allow the digits you dialed out.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back