Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladmin

Instructor
Feb 5, 2003
US
I posted some issues that I was having with a PRI a while and I worked thru many of those issues but I am still havig one issue.

The PRI will randomally return a fast busy. When this happens I can watch the PRI "wink" the network and then return the fast busy. If I try and make another call it goes out with no issues.

I have replaced all the internal cabling and had the LEC replace the T-1 card and basically everything inbetween us and their switch but I am still having this issue. And the lines has been clean for a while now.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?

I have no input to your question, but it brings up another question. Is there away to do and ILOG (look at the D-channl messages) with out external test gear? You would then be able to see the reject meassage and go from there

You can use SMDR for higher-level call details. But for the actual messaging and lower-level stuff you would need to use WinSPM in Monitor Mode. Among other things this displays what you are looking for.

In the past folks have posted details on how to go about this, but Avaya's legal folks have popped up with abrupt cease and desist demands. So needless to say that's as much as I will offer [sadeyes]

Having the same problem , but trying to prove to the lec that its their problem is a headace in itself but it is their equipement or you would not be able to callout the fast busy comes from their equip. ,if it was your programing you would get reorder tone

I wish someone could email me about the monitor mode!! What a tool it is!

KILLBOX
aaristides@psdteam.com

killbox I agree, what a concept-using the built in tools instead of keeping it top secret sh--

last night I noticed that if I dial a number and then press the pound sign in order to send the call immediatey the problem never happened. is there a way to change the amount of time the system waits for more digits?

i would agree I dont understand why Avaya does that at all. that will eventually be there downfall

Avaya's downfall, hardly. That "THING" was designed by AT&T, picked up by Lucent and then HANDED OFF to Avaya. (Who I don't think will be spending much more research money on it in the future.)

But that being said, I argued long ago to those who could change that (USE THE POUND SIGN AT END OF DIAL) and the best I could get from them was an adjustable parameter, the INTERDIGIT TIMER.

It's tricky to play with, but you'll find it if you look.

I know that the LEGEND really likes you to give it an END OF DIAL STRING SIGNAL (POUND SIGN).

So, if you use ARS, can you plug a POUND SIGN in as the "OTHER DIGIT"?

I would agree on that one Avaya wont be spending any more in research than they have to

i will try and use the interdigit timer. The other digits in the ARS tables will place digits at the beginning of the string correct?

i see that there are 9 timers what are each of them for there is no information int he feature reference

Inter-Digits, or BETWEEN Digits as it was explained to me.

The first one is between the 1st & 2nd Number being dialed, etc.

Set it too short and digits may be missed, too long, and the System will think the call is not yet complete.

Yes, I guess I jumped the track on the Other Digits thing.

I'll look into that, 'cause I thought there was a way to append digits (as in a default Toll Password).

Last night after taking another look at the feature reference I made a change to the T303 timer which controls the delay in network response when the system sends a setup message to initiate an outgoing call. The default setting on this is 4 seconds and it takes about 3 to 4 seconds for a call to go out. So I changed it to 8 and so far it is working fine but we will see if this stands the test of time.

COLADMIN

OK, my bad, the PRI Timers, NOT THE INTERDIGIT, were what needed to be tweaked. I was on the right track, just the wrong train.

Ihave had a similiar problem, still doing research on it but us lec states that it is a known issue whith legend systmes r7.0 v10 and below needs to be at least r7.0 v 12 so they say have not tried this as of yet but lec did busy out first b-channel and seemed to fix things cust is now down 1 channel, so you may ask lec to busy 1 b channel and see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back