Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI pass thru to polycom mgc box

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmilla

Vendor
Apr 12, 2005
US

What do I have to do to share a pri on my succession 3.0 and a polycom mgc 50. I want to be able to use the pri for 2 way voice traffic and forward it to the polycom for video conferencing.

That all depends on how the polycom is setup -

Is it using BRI lines?
Does it go through your switch?
does it require a T1 interface?

may need to read up on a misp card.. pri in and bri out, bonded channels and spid entries. unless your poly will bond 64k barrier channels

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The polycom is set up with 2 pri cards in it, i just don't know how to share the same circuit.

you can't really share a full pri with a second box.. as close as you can get is add two pri's to your switch with the poly on the far end, then your normal two way pri can be used by both boxes.. the poly will see the pri as inbound/outbound trunks and the switch will treat the poly an any other switch.. you can cdp calls or did calls between the boxes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back