Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Outgoing calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMTdoN

Technical User
Feb 7, 2006
US
As of yesterday Verizon added 1+ dialing in our area.. After their change I can no longer dial 847 and 630 (local) calls using 7 or 10 digits.
After speaking with TAC, they said the calls are going out as national ISDN and should be flagged "local or Unknown".

How do you define the type of call when all calls go out they same PRI?

Please advise and THANKS..

Don.

on 847 & 630 reference an RLI that has a DMI on it that does nothing except at CTYP put unknown, or nxx if it lets you.

Should they be in NXX or NPA? I show 1630 in NPA and 847 in NXX. Or just make a new route for these and assign the DMI?

not a new route, just a new rli referencing the same route as now, but with that dmi ctyp nxx

OK,
Here is what I did. Please verify this is correct.
Created DMI 2. changed CTPY=NXX
Created RLI 7. Set to route 0
NPA- changed 1630 to RLI 7
NXX- Changed 847 to RLI 7

For some reason I can not add 1847 to the NPA. This is the area code they are in.. Is this defined elsewere?

When I whatch the DCH messages it states 1630 TON=Locl, 630 TON- NATL, 1847 and 847 TON= NATL.
--
DCH 2 UIPE_OMSG CC_SETUP_REQ REF 00003187 CH 2 22 TOD 15:00:16
PROGRESS: ORIGINATING END IS NOT ISDN
CALLING #:847XXXXXXX NUM PLAN: E164 TON: NATL
CALLED #:1847XXXXXXX NUM PLAN: E164 TON: NATL

AND

DCH 2 UIPE_OMSG CC_SETUP_REQ REF 0000318A CH 2 18 TOD 15:07:16
PROGRESS: ORIGINATING END IS NOT ISDN
CALLING #:XXXXXXX NUM PLAN: E164 TON: LOCL
CALLED #:1630XXXXXXX NUM PLAN: E164 TON: LOCL

DCH 2 UIPE_IMSG CC_REJECT_IND REF 0000318A CH 2 18 TOD 15:07:16
CAUSE: #28 - INVALID NUMBER FORMAT

Did I do this correctly? as I believe the carrier modified their end to allow calls.. It does not seem correct..

Please advise..

Thanks,
Don

OK,
After further testing, The Carrier has not changed anything..
I can dial 847 numbers now but not 630, which are flagged as locl. I get the invalid number format.

Any Idea's?

Does your Telephone company 1+ dialing require 10 digit or 11 digit dialing?

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

the 630 ac was broken up on Sunday, they added 332 ac and require 10 digit dialling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back