Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI out-of-service-FE help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armstrong2012

Technical User
Jan 20, 2012
US

So we replaced our primary PRIS with two new PRIs and made no programming changes however the b channels are not responding. I can see the D channel but not the B channels. I have tried to busy out and release the ports and that does not solve the problem. I had AT&T look at the PRI and they tested everything and said the signal is good and made a phone call from the PRI itself to my cell-phone. We have two additional PRIs and all 46 of their channels work fine. Anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong?

TRUNK GROUP STATUS

Member Port Service State Mtce Connected Ports
Busy

0103/001 01A0201 out-of-service-FE no
0103/002 01A0202 out-of-service-FE no
0103/003 01A0203 out-of-service-FE no
0103/004 01A0204 out-of-service-FE no
0103/005 01A0205 out-of-service-FE no
----------------------------------

STATUS SIGNALING GROUP

Group ID: 103 Active NCA-TSC Count: 0
Group Type: isdn-pri Active CA-TSC Count: 0
Signaling Type: facility associated signaling
Group State: in-service

Primary D-Channel

Port: 01A0224 Level 3 State: in-service

Secondary D-Channel

Port: Level 3 State: no-link

busy and release the trunk group see if that helps then , try busy and release the sigs again.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

You may have made no changes, but the carrier might be using another switch type to deliver the circuit. I would get with a carrier engineer, and run through the setup.
If I remember correctly protocol version is the carrier switch type.

On the DS-1 form: Protocol 'a' = 4ESS. Protocol 'b' = 5ESS.

Kevin

4meravaya, I thought protocal b was ni2

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm

We are running on 4.0.12. I suspect that the protocol or the config on the new pri is different than the original and is causing the issue.

I switched my protocol on my end from a to b and that did not seem to work...

FYI, the problem has been resolved. AT&T bounced the circuit to clear the slips. The new PRIs were not configured the same as the originals. After AT&T bounced the circuit I was able to change the channel to "b" and it resolved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back