Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI on MICS losing route after power failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidboy

Vendor
Aug 13, 2004
US
I have a customer with a MICS 4.1, PRI & T-1. The PRI uses route 001 to go out PRI-A for local calls. The T-1 uses route 002 to go out Pool A for long distance. After a power failure (yes, I've been trying to get them to buy a UPS), it defaults the PRI to using route 002. ALL calls start going out the T-1. This has happened twice. It is easily changed back and then works fine. But, why in the world is it happening in the first place? I figured I'd open a ticket with my support, but thought I'd ask you guys first. Thanks for any advice!

Is that all the programming that changes?

this is a known problem with the RElease 1 NVRAM and 4.1

Yes, that's all the programming that changes. Glad to hear it's a known problem! Nortel should be able to get me the upgrade since the customer is in a maintenance agreement. I guess this is what happens when I'm off installing the BCM for a few years - I get out of the loop!

Thanks!!

Rel 1 cartridge had memory corruption issues .. i dont think nortel replaced it for free ... but let me know if you get one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back