Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI on MICS 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIK

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2004
US
MICS running 4.1
NAM running 4.0.4e
DTI PRI card set to DMS100 protocol connected to a DMS100 set to NI1

I've been having problems ever since the telco upgraded some equipment. The problem is when users place outgoing calls the instance the last digit is dialed the phone returns to the date & time.

This past week both the MICS & CO switch where changed to NI2 which ran fine for a few days and then within a period of 6 hours go to the point that neither outbound or inbound calls could complete. I had to disable and renable the DTI card to restore service.

The telco & I have gone through all the standard troubleshooting techniques and such and seeing the number of posts of similar sounding issues leads me to believe that it isn't a hardware issue.

Can anyone offer any advice.....

PS: I already verifed that the business name is set to none.

Is your PRI from a LEC or a CLEC? Are you connecting from Smart Jack to DTI or is it bundled to the site and routing through any IAD (Integrated Access Device)equipment such as a Cisco box?

I'm connected directly to the smart jack and the provider is Sprint an LEC.

I've run into issue with CLEC bundles where the IAD wouldn't send all digits through and the call would just sit until it timed out on the CO side. Finally, CLEC changed some lines of code in the Cisco box and it sounded similar to your discription. One thing that you mentioned is the time & date is returned so is the call completely dropping like you hit RLs?

i had run into this problem with 5ESS with BCAS on.
when BCAS was turned off at the CO the problem stopped

I'd suggest upgrading to the latest Maintenance Release, MICS 6.1 MR WI 6.05. This software was released March 2004 and resolves some long-standing issues when connecting a PRI to a DMS100 using NI-2 protocol.

Good luck!!!

also verify that your NVRAM cartrdige is release 2

trabra->Yes it's just like you hit RLs

cowenby->Thanks for the info, is there somewhere I can point my service provider to for this info. Because I'm trying to beat them up for a discount on the upgrade, since they sold me both the PRI line and the entire system(On advantage in buying the equipment from the phone company, it's there fault if it doesn't all work).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back