Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI not working after board rumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoiceAmerica

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
US
Legend R3
Needed to add more MLX ext's, so I
Changed config from proc/408/408/800/012/DS1
To proc/408/408/012/408/DS1

I did a board renumber and adjusted the trunks down by 4. All ext's & vm worked fine, BUT the DS1 would not come up. I worked with Avaya tech support for 2-hours, including them dialing in directly. . Their conclusion, the Legend didn't like it so I will have to re-initialize the processor and program from scrath!!

For now I just put the boards back the old way and did a restore, all works ok for now.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Well, when you did away with the 800 & then put in the other 408, you changed the lines of the DS1 by -4.

Legend does not like that.

You can build a SURROGATE Machine (If you have a spare processor) and then re-program around this -8 issue, save the translations to a FLASH and then make your changes to the original machine and then (have I said and then too much) restore with your surrogate machine translations.

Actually the way I would do it would be to first do away with the 800, FIX THE DS1 translations and then put the new 408 to the right of the DS1.

Either way, you got a mess!

As I have stated on other posts, I have spent weekends straightening out such messes.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Merlinman for the fast response. From what I have been reading there isn't a easy way to do this.

Well, it's not really all that difficult.

Just tedious and time consuming......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back