Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI not an option without complete upgrade? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawson23

MIS
Nov 10, 2004
US
VERSION 2111
RELEASE 23
ISSUE 55 +

We are being told that the DTI digital card we have won't support PRI and that in order to be able to get to PRI we have to do a COMPLETE upgrade. At first they thought we could just add the PRI card or add in a module card. Now told this is not an option.

Here is what they are suggesting:
Upgrade to CS1000E TDM, replace existing DTI card with PRI. Replace with new 202i CallPilot (120 mailboxes).

So do we really require a full complete way too much upgrade? I just want to make before we put down a ton of unplanned cash that what we are being told is true.

Merdian Option 11c

You could use an Adtran Atlas 550 to perform the conversion between PRI and Channel-associated signalling. The base unit comes with a T1 card and you add the second T1 module to make it a PRI to DTI converter.

I would call Adtran Tech Support - there may be a way to set up the 924e to do CAS rather than PRI and Qwest is too lazy to RTFM. Barring that, the Adtran Atlas 550 PRI converter solution should be a lot cheaper (under $3000 from pricing through my perferred vendor).

Like janaya said they should be able to give you a standard T1 from the Adtran unit.

What do you mean. The LEC would never be too lazy to do something.

yah right.

Well this is all fine but I'm waiting on asking them what they can do anymore because they are currently discussing paying for the upgrade cost to get this contract underway.

We will see. I asked if they are going to bring in a Nortel expert and they said no just want to get a competitive quote from a Adtran pbx dealer.

Merdian Option 11c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back