Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI line 1352 only accepts 2 calls and the 3rd gets busy tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrHiTek

Vendor
Feb 2, 2003
US
Ivr answers calls on 1352. calls 1&2 get answered and then 3rd gets busy. Do I modify hunts groups or do I set up a dn to get overflow calls and then forward to ivr dn's?

Is 1352 a DN?
If the the third call gets a busy perhaps the PRI from the telco is not setup right? how many channels from the Telco are activated?
spoclogo2.jpg

Curlycord,
1352 is a DID and 23 channels are available on the PRI.Some how I need to let 1352, when busy hunt to another port to be picked up by the IVR. Any Ideas?

did you provide plenty of answerable buttons on the receiving phone?
by this I mean if you have your target line ring only on the telephone then you can receive as many calls as there are i/c buttons on the phone. If you have the target line appear & ring on one button then you are restricted to one call to the phone on that target line. If you have the did ring in on a target line and have that going into a hung group then the hunt group queue takes effect.
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Jerry,

The target line rings on a dn which is picked up by the IVR.There is no set attached. The IVR has a CTA100 and then from the IVR pc there is an octopus cable which patches to 7 station ports. Keep in mind however that we have 5 (800) toll free numbers and each toll free number points to one DID. I'm assuming the reason only 2 calls can be picked up by the IVR is because call 1 gets answered and call 2 gets fwd on busy and call 3 gets rejected because it has nowhere to go? is this correct?

it sounds logical but I am not able to say more since I have not worked with Interactive voice response I will defer to anyone else out there who has some experience with it.

Can you give some more info on this though? such as what NAM it is running on, what KSU platform, software versions etc. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

The system is mics 4.0 and there is no nam connected. the IVR runs on a pc connected to the system via a CTA100.

You say modify hunt groups above...are they involved and how are they programmend? how exactly is the programming setup everywhere on the KSU? need to know in detail to help you faster.

This is me trying to figure out your IVR and programming it to work assuming its an anolog voice mail:
I tell this DID 1352 to ring at one DN eg. X5000(IVR) then I tell X5000 to forward busy to 50001 then tell 50002 to foward busy to 50003 and so on but tell the last of your 7 ports eg 5006 to foward to 5000 so that a continuious loop is created.

But then again knowing what the name of your IVR is would help I'm sure....also is it anolog or digitial from the KSU?

I am sure we will figure this out if you havent allready.

Cheers!

curly cord,
your idea sounds like it might work. I will try it and get back to you in a couple days. thanks a million

DrHiTek
are these DID's your dealing with.If so Can I ask how you have the trunks and lines configured as?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back