Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Issue--Option 61 & Siemens EWSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

billgray

Technical User
Sep 4, 2002
US
Has anyone experienced problems with PRI's out of a Siemens EWSD C.O. switch?
Background: 2-way NFAS trunk group w/ DID, 3 PRI's, 1 primary and 1 backup D-channel. D-channel releases, B-channels of course go into lockout. What then happens is: the D-channel will eventually establish, but B channels will not. Sorry I don't have a capture from the D-channel messaging, but basically what happens is that I can see OMSG's and IMSG's establishing the D-channel and then trying to establish B channels, but the PBX times out after failing to receive a final IMSG on the B channel establish. Then the whole IMSG/OMSG process repeats ad infinitum.
The only fix the carrier (MCI) has found is "reloading the controllers" in the C.O., a procedure that--as I understand it--resets every customer on the Siemens switch.
Sorry for being long winded, but this is a wierd one. Doesn't happen at our sites served by a DMS or 5E, etc. Both of our offices served by the Siemens have experienced this problem. MCI can't find any documentation on the Siemens to suggest interoperability problems.
FYI bouncing the trunk group just makes things worse!
Anyone seen this or have a setting that may help? I've tried increasing the T200 timer, didn't help.
Thanks!

Slight correction, Siemens AWSD, not EWSD.

when you do an enable on the pri, does the d est then rel or never est? another thing have you dis msdl all and a enl msdl fdl on that card?.. what is the status of your service msgs? ld 96 stat serv?.. another problem that can kill that ckt is toggle vod and vce at the dsel prompt... another thought is to get a better carrier

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

the d channel est the rel...yep, have done a fdl...haven't status'd servce messages, next time it drops will do that...right now dsel is vod, are you suggesting voice only?
lol, contract negotiations are coming...

You didn't mention the DChannel protocal used. I suspect that might be the issue.
Last time I connected to Siemmens switch, Ni2 was not available.
If you are not using NI2, The Siemens switch must be setup yo emulate either a DMS or 5e and the protocol at there end must be setup to custome with switch type SL1

it's NI2...I've spoken with another telecom person who has had the same issue out of a Siemens from a different carrier (Verizon). The fix involved changing software settings in both the C.O. and PBX but she doesn't know the particulars..i will circle back with the carrier and have them check the emulation.
here's the d channel:
ADAN PRIM DCH 2
BDCH 3
CTYP MSDL
DNUM 10
PORT 2
DES mcilocal
USR PRI
DCHL 28
OTBF 32
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC