Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI installed. All incoming calls go to general delivery box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upchuck

Vendor
Oct 7, 2005
US
I just installed my first Pri on a Norstar. All incoming calls are answered by the general delivery mailbox. No target lines are assigned to VM ext's. A short ring is heard at target line ext's before VM answers. If VM is shut down, calls go to their assigned target lines. What am I missing?

Thanks
upchuck51

and did we check sevices,...is the vm set up to answer the PRI physical trunks..Did we do a vm upgrade and what release are we at on said ksu

No software issues. Nothing forwarded, no lines are programmed to be answered by AA in f983. I did not check services. Im not sure what to look for. I've never had to do anything but restrictions and now routing for pri calls. Ringing service? Never used it. What am I looking for?

Thanks for replying
Chuck

What is the prime set for the target lines? What is the dn for your vm? Also check the vm dn to see if the target lines are set to appear and ring. If they are set to appear and ring try removing the line appearance.

Not to sound arrogant but,If you do not know how to program services i would say you are not really qualified to say no software issue's.Most of the guys/gals that are on top of the mvp list have 10 to 20 yrs experience on the system and we know it like the back of our hands and when we ask for software release and for more info it is for YOUR benefit not OURS.

OCCOMM- If the vm were programmed to answer under it's programming, I'd expect they would hear the main greeting, and not go straight to GD.

Well, then again, we don't know how the greetings are recorded, so you may have a point. Customers often don't understand the difference between AA and a mailbox.

If you're running PRI on anything less than 6.1 software, you need to do an upgrade before you waste any more time troubleshooting. Make sure vmail software is properly matched with your MICS software too.

If you're ok there, see if they're using a service mode (like night ringing) as it could very well be programmed to answer immediately.

Phonehed in Dallas

Rik -IF the vm is set to answer after 4 rings but the VM is set as the prime set for the line you would get the general delivery box because the vm would pickup on the first ring and it would look like a transferred call with no mailbox associated.

A dumb question but did you DISCONNECT the voicemail before upgrading the system?

I have seen instances where the user does not disconnect the VM and, well, quite frankly, wipes EVERYTHING out of the VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back