Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI HER errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

macca12

Programmer
Apr 18, 2008
Hello,
I have a CS1K at release 5 linked into a Mitel sytem via DPNSS. On all the DPNSS links we are receiving High Error Rate alarms, and after a certain amount of these the links drop out. I have no idea why these alarms are being generated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would check your physical connections first, if you've got a spare card and Dchannel, carry out some local loop backs make end 'A' and the other 'B'end (Master or Slave)

It may also be a clocking issue - What are your primary/secondary sources

Cheers!!

The primary clocking sources are our carriers. I have 16 DPNSS links all showing this error, i would guess that it is possibly a clocking issue. Just not sure how to rectify it.
The links to our carrier are all healthy, its just the internal DPNSS to the Mitel that are showing errors.

You have '16' DPNSS links into the Mitel switch ?

Whats your addressing for DCHI usually 0-15 standard mode addressing and check your Alarm Thresholds values in LD 74 Reset in LD 75 'RCNT'

Have you configured your Virtual Channels VDC's aswell as Real Channels RDC's

Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back