Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI from Opt11 to BCM450

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmman

Technical User
Aug 28, 2008
US
I have a customer with an Option 11 and they want a PRI from it to a BCM450. The PRI comes up and I can see all the channels & D-CH. Below is the build of the PRI, trunks, and D-CH.

I'm not doing any digit manipulation, but have 1 range of numbers pointed to the PRI. When I dial a number in that range I get a fast busy. I can dial the ACOD and get a trunk, but get a busy when I try to dial an extension. Not sure where to go from here, thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

Route:
TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 3
DES BCM
TKTP TIE
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
ESN YES
CNVT NO
SAT NO
RCLS INT
VTRK NO
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC D100 <---Had this as SL1, have tried a few
SBN NO
PNI 00001
NCNA YES
NCRD YES
CHTY BCH
CTYP CDP
INAC NO
ISAR NO
CPUB OFF
DAPC NO
BCOT 0
DSEL 3VCE
PTYP PRI
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
ICOG IAO
SRCH RRB
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 7013
TCPP NO
PII NO
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
ANTK
SIGO STD
ICIS YES
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
GRD 896
SFB 3
NBS 2048
NBL 4096
TFD 0
DRNG NO
CDR NO
MUS NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
AUTH NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
PLEV 2
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

Trunk:
DES BCM
TN 003 01
TYPE TIE
CDEN SD
CUST 0
TRK PRI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 0
RTMB 3 1
B-CHANNEL SIGNALING
TGAR 1
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS CTD DIP WTA LPR APN THFD HKD
P10 VNL
TKID
DATE 30 APR 2009

D-CH:
ADAN DCH 12
CTYP TMDI
CARD 03
PORT 1
DES BCM
USR PRI
DCHL 3
OTBF 32
PARM RS232 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
IFC D100 <---Had this as SL1, have tried a few
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID **
RCAP ND2
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7

SL1 is the Nortel Protocol, when you had the Option 11C set to this did you also have the BCM set to SL1? For the BCM to have this prombt it will have to have the MCDN Code activated.

I started off with SL1 for that reason, but the BCM guy I am working with says he only has options for NI2, DMS 100, and ES55. I'm not terribly proficient at the BCM, but can you give me some info on activating the MCDN code? Or is this a Keycode they will need to purchase?

Thanks, and other than the OFC does everything look correct?

Yes, I think your best option would be to purchase and install the MCDN keycode for the BCM. Then you can make the DCH IFC be SL1 at both ends.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Do I need to get the MCDN keycode FOR A BCM to talk to an Opt11? My research makes me believe I only need that keycode if I want to share a voice mail.

You will need the MCDN keycode to implement SL1 protocol. Without that, you can just set up regular tie lines (NON-ISDN). This would normally be E&M Wink Start on the BCM. That would be the quickest way to go without the MCDN keycode on the BCM.

Any other troubleshooting requires turning on dchannel monitoring in LD 96 and also having BCM Monitor available to see the call from both sides at the same time.

hope this helps
rob

I have heard of some saying that they have made it work using NI2 but personally I could never get it to work myself.

Customer bought the keycode and the PRI came right up.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back