Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI ERROR CODES

Status
Not open for further replies.

samelbe

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
US
I have a PRI, from a 5ESS switch that has worked for years till right before the end of DEC 07. Now the PRI drops call every now and then and the error codes: Invalid Sanity Responce #7804 on 05/00 (100DS1 is in slot 05) the book states 'applies only to modules that have extensions jacks' and then there are error codes 000E and 4C03 and both have the same count. Also, for my information, in error events there are five items, MIS (miss frames) SIP (slip timing errors) and then ES and BS and one other I can't remember. What do the ES BS and last one mean. I have swapped out the processor (old processor had a dead modem) and the 100DS1 card and that did't change a thing. The network provider said - the circuit looks good, it is a four wire T1. My error codes not are 'Loss of signal and No D Channel.
What's up with this switch. Also, is there any software and or adaptor that will make a Laptop into a T-Bird type of test equipment?
Thanks

You might want to verify your DS1 wiring to the NIU and make sure it is not the problem. I would also request the service provider do a stress test on the DS1 end-to-end. Did you verify the settings for the 100D module?

ES = Errored Seconds related to excessive BPVs or frame bit errors or CRC errors in a second's time.

This can be caused by defective wiring or malfunctioning equipment.

BS = ?? don't know any related to DS1.(only the other kind)

In order to use a "T-BERD" emulator application software, you would need a DS1 interface of some sort. Not aware of any...

Also, have you run any of the maintenance tests on the Legend/Magix? If you don't have the Maintenance & Troubleshooting document, it can be downloaded from support.avaya.com

....JIM....

You need to run a test with your service provider, Have them loop the "smart jack" (NIU) and run a stress test.
Then have them drop the loop and you connect a loop-back jack to the RJ-45 plug where it attaches to the DS1 board.
[A loop-back may be constructed with a standard Cat 5 Jack, connecting pins 1&2 to 4&5 with a bit of jumper wire.] Then have them re-run the stress test. This will test your wiring, and the cust side of the NIU. NIU's have been known to fail at the interface between the cust side and the CO side in the NIU. "If" they say it is your wiring, then do the same thing with a loopback plug(same config)directly at the NIU.

"BS" is for "Bursty Errored Seconds" which indicates intermittant problems on the circuit

The network provider looked back into the trouble history of this circuit and it has been dropping calls since Feb 21, 2007. It is just getting worse now. I have tried everything you all have recommended and the errors just keep on adding up and the red led just keeps on coming on like a stop light. One time red and yellow led were both on at the same time while I was on the phone and the T1 did not drop. The provider is going to dig deeper into trouble report and see if it could be switch related. I don't have any permanent errors in the switch and just DS1 errors. This could be real interesting!

When you look at the T1 Module in maintenance, what do you see in those headings: SLP, MIS, ES, BS and the like?

Those tell you the condition of your Circuit.

Merlinman,
Thanks for the reply, the items have a great many errors since the Legend id based on a 8 bit processor I think 255 is as large as each field will hold. I have seen consistently high numbers in MIP, SLP, ES, BS, and there is one more that has never held a value. I agree with you that it is circuit troubles; since I am at the mercy of the service provider I don't know what to do. I followed the PRI Trouble Shooting guidelines and everything they recommended has already been tried. I am wondering if the backplane is failing on this carrier, the first carrier of three.

Backplane failure is extremely RARE and is usually seen as 1 slot jut not working, PERIOD.

Now, if there's been something leaking into the Backplane to cause electrical problems, then that would be another issue, but easy to determine by inspection.

If you want to look into that, fine, but I doubt that there is anything wrong with the backplane.

One thing no one has asked for is a list of your equipment, in the order it is installed.

Can you provide that?

Merlinman,
This switch has been in service for a long time without any problems and on Feb 21, 2006 the network provider said that the circuit began dropping out momentary and then reconfiguring itself again. I ran all of the test and the cards all passed. The makeup of the switch is:

A SYSTEM INFORMATION
A Current Date: 01/25/08
A Current Time: 19:14:53
A System : Mode AutoMaintBusy AutoBusyTie
A : Hybrid/PBX Disable Disable

A Language: SystemLang SMDR Printer
A English English English

A CTI Links :
A Direct Line Operators : 5900
A Queued Call Operators :
A SysProg Port : 5900 Password : craftr4

A Transfer : Type Audible OneTouch(Complete) ReturnTimer
A : Ring MusicOnHold Transfer(Auto) 4 rings

A VMS Transfer Return Interval : 4
A Paging System Lines : 828
A Music On Hold Line : 827
A Camp On Time : 90 sec
A Call Park Return Time : 180 sec
A Auto Callback Rings : 3
A Extension Status (ESS) : Group Call / CMS
A ESS Operators : 5900

A SMDR: Min.CallTime CallReport Format TalkTime UDP
A : 3 sec In/Out Basic Enable In/Out

A Intercom Dial Tone : Inside
A Reminder Service Cancel : :

A Behind Switch Code : Drop Transfer Conference
A :

A Inter-digit Timers (seconds) : 5 24 24 10 10 10 10 5 5
A Recall Timer : 450 msec
A Second Dial-tone Timer : 0 msec
A Rotary Line Cut Through : Delay
A Unassigned Extension : 5900

A Automatic Backup : Weekly - 23:59 Saturday

A T1/PRI/BRI Clock Synchronization:
A Primary Secondary Tertiary
A 5/1 Loop

A Slot # 0: CKE4 CPU Magix Processor
A Slot # 1: 008 MLX
A Slot # 2: 008 MLX
A Slot # 3: 012
A Slot # 4: 012
A Slot # 5: 100D-U 100DS1 Magix T1 card
A Slot # 6: 008 MLX
A Slot # 7: 016 TRR Ringing Frequency - 20 Hz
A Slot # 8: 408 GS/LS-MLX
A Slot # 9: 008 MLX
A Slot # 10: 008 MLX
A Slot # 11: 016 MLX-U
A Slot # 12: 016 TRR Ringing Frequency - 20 Hz
A Slot # 13: 016 MLX-U
A Slot # 14: 016 TRR Ringing Frequency - 20 Hz
A Slot # 15: 016 TRR Ringing Frequency - 20 Hz
A Slot # 16: 012 MLM007 VM
A Slot # 17: Not Used A SYSTEM DIAL PLAN

Maybe this will help.
Thanks

Would you please post the PRI info and the Alarm Error pages? That may provide more info to help us offer suggestions.

....JIM....

The PRI setup:
PRI INFORMATION

A Slot 5 Switch: 5ESS

A System: By line

A BchnlGrp #: Slot: TestTelNum: NtwkServ: Incoming Routing:
A 1 5 CallbyCall By Dial Plan

A Channel ID: 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14
A 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4
A 3 2 1

A Line PhoneNumber NumberToSend
A 801 number removed
A 802
A 803
A 804
A 805
A 806
A 807
A 808
A 809
A 810
A 811
A 812
A 813
A 814
A 815
A 816
A 817
A 818
A 819
A 820
A 821
A 822
A 823 number removed

A Network Selection Table

A Entry Number: 0 1 2 3
A Pattern to Match: 101**** 10***

A Special Service Table

A Entry Number: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A Pattern to Match: 011 010 01 00 0 1
A Operator: none OP OP OP/P OP none none none
A Type of Number: I I I N N N N N
A Digits to Delete: 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

A Call-By-Call Service Table

A Entry Number: 0 1 2 3 4
A Pattern 0: 0
A Pattern 1: 1
A PRI INFORMATION

A Pattern 2: 2
A Pattern 3: 3
A Pattern 4: 4
A Pattern 5: 5
A Pattern 6: 6
A Pattern 7: 7
A Pattern 8: 8
A Pattern 9: 9
A Call Type: BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH
A NtwkServ: No Service
A DeleteDigits: 0 0 0 0 0

A Entry Number: 5 6 7 8 9
A Call Type: BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH
A NtwkServ:
A DeleteDigits: 0 0 0 0 0

A Dial Plan Routing Table

A Entry Number: 0 1 2 3
A NtwkServ: Any service Any service Any service Any service
A Expected Digits: 0 0

There are transient errors:
Invalid Sanity Respones for slot 05 port 00 count 27
Command Buffer Full slot 05 port oo count 27
Pool Busy slot 00 port 01 count 08
DS1 Mis Alarm slot 05 port 00 count 001

NO PERM ERRORS

Slot 05 Error Events
MIS SLP ES BS SEC FS
255 078 016 008 000 000

The 100DS1 card passes Controller and Loopback test.

I am at a loss to nail down the fault.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back