Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI error codes/dianostics 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I presently have been receiving the following error codes in the switch (61C..Rel25):
PRI 227 DCH:2 DATA:4
PRI 218 DCH:2 DATA:0

I have opened a ticket with my carrier since DCH:2 is my primary D-chnl with DCH:3 being it's backup in a 2PRI trunk group.

I was wondering if someone could assist with what the issue possibly could be with the protocol/signaling on the D-chnl.
Also what LD do I go to to review the D-Chnl info to ensure it did not change from DMS-250 as it was originally setup, and to allow me to change if not correct. I'm sure I would be down if this was the case. At the moment I am getting a lot of reorders when I see the errors stream across the screen.

Side question:
All of a sudden my term on TTY 1 can no longer TX to the switch. All I get on the screen are "L's" when I type. I checked all the settings on the term and they appear correct as they always have. I also swapped the term out with a new one...same results. I was wondering if someone has seen this if a TTY port goes bad. The Term can display the info coming from the switch though.

Thanks in advance...

blameitonme,

To look at your DCH configs go to LD 22.

>ld 22

REQ PRT

TYPE ADAN DCH

Look at the IFC prompt to see what protocol you have. You can also get that info from LD 21.

>ld 21

REQ: PRT

TYPE: RDB

CUST 0

ROUT XXX

Once again look for the IFC prompt. To change this prompt go to LD 17 and ld 16 I belive.

Also I would look at LD 96 and do a PLOG for yor DCH.

>LD 96

PLOG DCH XXX

You will then need to look in the NTP's for the explaination of your errors if any.

As far ad your TTY issue I would go to LD 37 an type in STAT and make sure TTY 1 is enabled. If it is anabled go to LD 22 and PRT, ADAN TTY. Make sure the settings are correct.

Just curious what J port on the back of your M1 does your TTY 1 reside. The reason I'm asking is that I'm having problems with a direct connect to my TTY 1 on J13 & it is a DB9 as where the others are a DB25. If you know, or if any one else knows: what is the pin out for the DB9 on an M1.

Just a thought are the DCH's and TTY port on the same MSDL card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back