Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI enabler key code

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmiller1949

Technical User
Apr 20, 2005
US
I have 0x32 w/ XC1.1 I need to enter the PRI enabler code, but "HARDWARE" does not appear in configuration.

XC 1.1 will not take a PRI you need min rls of 4.0 and it had problems so I would go ahead and get 7.1.

Yes and the sad part is at 1.1 there could be a chance the upgrade does not go right. If that happens guess what could change on the cabinet....

Holy Sh*t 1.1 is really old software. I can't believe that somebody would sell you a PRI keycode without verifying what software release was in your system. Your going to need a NVRAM 2 and I'd go with at least 6.1, but for the small difference in price you should just go with 7.1 and have the latest.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

yes, it is a very old system. Even has 1A2 key equipment attached (Verizon C.O.). This is a trouble not a new install. We may ditch everything and move on to a BCM.

Sure does. using Norstar 1A2 trunk cartridge. Tie the A1 leads together and you even get light supv on both systems.

gmiller1949

Man that is amazing to me. I've never seen one of those modules in action ever and I've been installing Norstar's since 1995. I lucked out and came into the business right after the old 1A2 days, thank god...I've always been a one pair kinda guy maybe two on some old SL-1's or something. Do those 1A2 sets that run off the Norstar still require 25prs to operate?

Jeremy J. Carter

Yes, the old 1A2 is a system by itself, as is the Norstar. You tie the T/R from the 1A2 to the CO of the Norstar and connect the A1 leads of the lines and the two systems work very well together.

Oh i think I kinda misunderstood a little. It is a standalone system as well as the Norstar. I thought that the Norstar ran the 1A2 sets off that special module.

Jeremy J. Carter

Yes, you had it backward, the 1A2 trunk cartridge would appear as a "phone" to the 1A2 KTS, and the leads are T/R/A/A1 per line. It does not use the LG/L leads for lamp, and the A1 lead is the return side, common to all the line appearances.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back