Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

STMorin

MIS
Apr 30, 2001
US
I have 2 loops that went down after a short brown-out. The 61c is on a UPS. Loop 12 and its associated d-channel came up as I normally bring them back up,(dis dch 6, disl 13 and enll 13) but loop 13 shows as status alarm red and b-channels are disabled. These two PRI's are on a single card in my PBX. Can I disable the other loop and remove the card and re-insert it to reset it or is there something else I should do?

Thanks in advance.
Steve

you can do that, but i would disconnect the rj-45, insert a loop back and see if i could come up to that... pins 1 2 to pins 4 5.. that may be all you need

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,
Have a loopback on the RJ45 connector after the T1 card and the dchannel will not come back up. Is there anything else I can to before yanking the card out? And what do I have to do to prepare the switch for card removal?
Thanks
Steve

with the loopback in place, ld 96 dis dch x auto, ld 60 disl x, enll x...rcnt ...wait 30 sec enll x, wait 60 sec stat... the d should come up and then rls wronge mode.. plug the pri back in, do the same commands,,

before i reseat a card, just down as usual, BUT a red alarm to a loopback is usually a bad card... red is layer one, can't see the short

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If your switch (which is on a UPS) didn't go down during the brownout, I'd start looking for something else in the line being the cause of your red alarm. Look for a CSU or a telco shelf that could have been affected by a power outage.

What about MSDL? If you have an associated MSDL port, shouldnt that be shut down too? At least thats what I was taught way back when.

PRI back up!!!
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I had BellSouth check the circuit and they said it was good to the CSU. I again dis dch 13, disl 13 and enll 13 a few more times. At some point after the last enll, more than the 30 seconds I watched the screen and after I left the terminal, the d-channel came back up. I had left it in this state many times before in the last 24 hours hoping it would "come back to life". I don't know what was different other than the BellSouth testing of the PRI.
Interestingly, early this morning, I pulled the dual PRI card out after disabling the d and b-channels and switching the card to disable. When I re-inserted it and moved the switch to enable, the switch ini'ed. Kinda strange. Still had the same trouble with loop 13.
Anyway, looks like things are back to normal. Thanks again for all your help!

the ini may have been caused by an onboard msdl or a clock controller, both of which have to be dis before a reseat. btw bs always claim that it test good to the csu, i've had that response without a csu installed.. but at times when they test, they take there end down and then your end will see that and respond.. we have 40 plus t1/pris, so i get to play that game pretty often

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back