Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI, DTMF, and VM Pro 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupportDude

Technical User
Mar 1, 2006
US
Hello Gents,
VM Pro 8.1.9102
IPO 8.1(65)
VM Pro answers the call, but does not react to any button presses.
If called from a station on the system, everything works fine.

How can I test for receipt of DTMF tones from the PRI provider.
I tried using VM Debug, but I didn't see any DTMF, so either I did not have had it configured correctly, or Telco is not sending DTMF.
Is there a way to configure Monitor to see DTMF?

TIA!

-SD-

Mysteriously the problem cleared for now.

I already have issues with park on .65 (park buttons put call on dedicated slot, 4 phones with same buttons, but not all light up to show park slot in use), so .67 is out of the question.
Also having an issue with pages through the set speakers cutting users off while listening to voicemail.
I was planning on .69 this weekend to hopefully clear these issues, but thankfully I seen the post about the PRI issues.
Aye yi yi ... how are we supposed to approach our customers about this without them losing all faith in their purchase?

-SD-

it's definitely a case of "better the devil you know... than the one you don't"
other brands are just as rubbish with their support and firmware IMHO.
Avaya is a market leader, and as such, they make a train wreck whilst pushing features to market quicker than they would otherwise have liked (testing time etc i guess?)

that's my guess... they've had some shockers though over the years.. version 3.0 anyone? 3.1 worse? 3.2 ?

ah those were the days. I came across an Argent system the other day still running. anyone know of a source for Version 1.0 Manager? ha! seriously....

Cheers, Chris

3.2 was fine, & I don't recall an major nightmares with 3.0 or 3.1

4.0 on the other hand was a disaster!
The only release where I autocratically recommend a firmware upgrade as soon as i see it. even if the customer isn't reporting problems (yet)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

IPGuru 6.0.8 was also a version that gives me the shivers.
4.0.5 is also nasty but we still have customers on it without any issue.
I wonder if the make phone calls at all :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I guess it is programmed by somebody who listen to "I'll cry if i want to" :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back