Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRi Drops needs reset each morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roysanders

Technical User
Dec 11, 2003
I just added a 2nd PRI to a MICS 5.0 Each morning the customer has a alarm 42. I've had a vendor meet and have run loop back test, no problems found. Had the CO take them down while I was on site a couple of times and everything came back OK. Powered down system and everything came back up, no problem. The PRI's are both AT&T NI-2 ESF. I've had the customer unplug the patch cords to the smart jack and that works, it will come back up and run the rest of the day with no problems but he's getting a little tried of doing this everyday!
Thanks in advance for any help.

are the clocks set to primary and secondary?
there were a few problems with a PRI and 5.0 ...try and upgrade to the latest 6.1

Yes, card 1 is prime ans 2 is 2nd. Both are set to decening. I have thought about an upgrade and already have the software. Just worried about loosing all the programing, are there any knowns problems with the upgrade?

make sure the NVRAM is rel 2, and there are no known problems with 5.0 to 6.1 upgrade
but backup, keep all keycodes handy

What happens before resetting the PRI - is it all lines busy?

I believe its a fast busy w/ the display blank.

Have they checked the b-channel services? There should be other posts in this forum about if they should be on or off--i think they need to be off for the Norstar, and that's not the default for the 5ess

JGIDEON YOU ARE CORRECT THEY MAY HAVE TURNED IT ON IN THE CO FOR THAT SPAN

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Thanks for the info folks. I'll get it a try today and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back