Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chim

MIS
Jun 2, 2003
US
I'm stuck on a problem, any help or thoughts of where to look would be appreciated. Here is what I'm working with:

We have two Merlin Legends tied together with a PRI line. Phone A is on the original system, Phone B is on the new system we just connected together using a PRI. Both systems are release 7, version 10.0 (phone A) and version 14.2 (phone b).

When Phone A calls Phone B, the display on Phone B shows the caller’s name and phone number (like a normal call).

When Phone B calls Phone A, the display on Phone A shows the caller’s PRI-trunk line being used and phone number. It does not show the calling party’s name label.

I’ve gone into both Systems - Extensions – DisplayPrefs – and setup both Phone A & Phone B to show ‘Both’ name and number.

Any ideas on why Phone A is not seeing the internal caller ID? I can’t seem to find any documentation to fix this.

Thanks

Are they using a trunk line to call. Or are they using intercom to place the call?

MFurrer@charter.net

I remove Phone B from the new system. Move a different extension to the new system, and now it works. Go figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back