Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI DID to Audix AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonemom

Vendor
Dec 13, 2005
US
We have a PRI with (3-digit)DIDs on it. Our main number's last three digit are 000 and was forwarded to number ending in 498. Somehow the forwarding was removed. We would like this go to the AA. Programming of the Dial plan routing on the PRI has an entry with expected digits of 000, deletes 3 and adds 780. This is a non-existing number, so calls automatically go to the operator. I tried changing the 780 to 498 (AA#1-Day) and to 770 (VM Calling Group). Calls still ring at the operator phone. How do I fix this DID to go directly to the AA?

To cover some basics:
1- If you dial 498 directly, does it go to the AA
2- In the dialplan routing, is the Total Digits =3 and is your provider sending 3 digits or are they sending more? I had a provider tell me they were sending 7 digits, when in fact they were sending 10. Remember, the Merlin strips digits from left to right, so if they are sending > 3 digits, you're not deleting enough digits.

Hope this helps

Franke, Thank you.
Yes 498 goes to AA. It is a POTS line.
The Dial Plan Rtg. Could you look at this spreadsheet? I don't know why the former programmer set up some entries with 0 expected digits and others with 3. I tried entry #1 both ways to no avail. Thank you.

By default they have 0, so if the table wasn't being used that is why it is set to 3. When you say you are dialing 498, are you dialing the whole number or just grabbing internal dial-tone and dialing 498?

I call the entire number - long distance. I'm working off-site (6-hour drive).

So, 498 is NOT the attendant extension. You need to figure out what the extension of the auto-attendant is in audix. It sounds like it might be set-up as 780. You can do a list sub and it will list all extensions. If it is 780, you will need to renumber an adjunct in the Magix to 780 and then add that adjunct to voicemail coverage since it sounds like 780 doesn't exist in the system now.

We found the problem. The main published number was never ported over to the PRI, but "temporarily" forwarded to another number on the system. They were experiencing a fast-busy with it, so just had the RCF stopped without knowing why it was forwarded in the first place. It's a POTS line on the system, but not labeled, so I'll just have my tech go out there and ID each LS line on the system - no more mysteries.
Thank you for your help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back