Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI dialtone

Status
Not open for further replies.

atbw3

Technical User
Nov 2, 2006
JO
HI ALL:

a customer who has an option 11 with a pri, wants to change the dial tone when he dials 9 to get external line (pstn ) from the ordinary phone dialtone. I mean that there is no difference between the dialtone when you dial 9 fo external or dial extension line.

regards

look that one up in ftc.. ld 56 or 57.. one is flexable feature codes the other is flexable tones and cadence. that tone does come from the switch.. when you define ac1 there is a rtrn line that gives that dialtine and it can be modified.. be carefull in that load, changes do not take affect untill the network card and been downloaded.. usually midn but if you have a loop with not to many stations you can disl and dsxp one loop then bring it backup for testing..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Dear john

could u pls. show me in detail how to do it, cause iam looking for ac1 & rtrn in LD 56 but found nothing.

regards

You will find AC1 in your network programming in LD 86, I believe. You have to have you flexable tones and feature code stuff defined in ld 56 / 57 first, and then in LD 86 where AC1 is defined you can assign the new tone to it.

Just a suggestion... Don't give secondary dial tone from the route...

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

the question did you face the same problem ?? anybody reach to a practical solution ??

thanks alot

In your original post, your speaking of PBX Tone, yes, PBX tone. Dial tone and PBX tone are 2 different animals. When you pick-up the handset, your hear what you think is dial tone - ITS NOT. That's PBX Tone. When you dial 9, the AC1 (Access Code) for PSTN dialing, you're opening up the systems electronic switched network (esn) tables.

Not exactly sure what your asking to be able to help you out.
Is it that you want the PBX tone to sound different, than the dial 9 tones heard? If so, Mr Poole is correct, BE CAREFUL with these tones. My advice is to tell the customer NO. You will more than likely have to INI the system so ALL the network and controller cards get the new tones. If it's a single group switch, you could DSXP and ENXP as mentioned.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you should program an AC2 in de ESN data block(LD 86) and set DLTN to NO.

One thing I know for sure and that's that I got 2 different dial tones.

GRTZ, Jacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back