Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI - DCH protocol change

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyHeadHurts

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
US
I have been trying to change the DCH proto for a particular Loop/DCH. I take it from reading the errors I originally received when trying to change the proto was that I first need to change the proto on the DCH, and THEN the Loop. So I take it I need to do the DCH 1st in LD 17, and then the Loop/ROUT in LD 16.

My problem is I still receive a SCH code of SCH4752 in LD 17 when trying to change the IFC to D100 from D250.

I have also turned down the Dchnl and also the Loop before trying to make this change.

I'm missing some steps here, but cannot seem to figure them out. Could someone provide me with the proper commands and LD's of how to accomplish this task?

Thanks in advance....

What you will have to do is disable the dch then disable the loop. Then you will have to remove all the trunk T.N.'s for that loop to be able to make any protocol changes to the DCH.

superracer is correct

Just go to ld 14 and out 23 then build back new 23. Takes all of about 20 seconds to out and rebuild.

Thanks Superracer. That is what it was. Of course I don't understand why Nortel had to make it that way, but ok. Now I'm only adding back in one trunk member to do testing with rather than all of them.

Have you dealt with a carrier using NTNAPRI in a DMS250 before. I tried D250 and then moved to D100. Both come back on the proto analyser and say that the Meridian is terminating the call since it does not understand/or like the message back from the DMS. The Dchnl and circuit are running fine with no errors. I looked up NTNAPRI and it says it is the equivalent to D100 and/or D250, but.....just wondering if you've run into this proto and what you set your Mer for.

On the DMS side NTNAPRI is a variant used when communicating Nortel-Nortel. One thing that can get missed on the DMS side is the profile. It should be set to "SL1PROFL". If I remeber correctly, this parameter is set in TABLE: LTDEF on the DMS.

rhack5565.....thanks!

You were correct about the "SL1PROFL" setting in
TABLE: LTDEF. I finally got a switch tech who knew what they were doing in the DMS. As soon as she added that into the table, all my problems were over.

Thanks again! You were all a big help! Everything is up and working and I can move onto some other fires.

Glad to be of assistance. Maybe your head hurts a little less now.

I actually can't remember the last time my head didn't hurt. This site does help a bit to take some of the pain away. So much so I finally took the time to become a member and keep my handle. Time to help as well as be helped.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back