Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI connections 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmallFish1

Vendor
Feb 1, 2011
US
What interface is used to connect a PRI circuit to a Cisco Call Manager? The customer is remote and says it is on a 2811 router. I have seen it installed on a card within the CM. What is the difference?

It is always on a router so being connected on a 2811 would make sense. I am not sure how you have seen it on the call manager server itself as it is not possible.

We have Call Manager servers and Routers in the same rack. At first glance, if you did not know the difference, you may mistakenly think the circuits are plugged in to the switch.

We use VWIC2=1MFT-T1/E1's in our gear. It will have 1 RJ female jack towards the right, and just to the left some alarm/status LED's I think theres one labeled LP for loopback, another for alarm etc.

So if I have a cable going into the FE 0/0 and cables going into two T1 DSU/CSU cards what is my configuration? The site has one voice PRI and 2 data T1's. My original thought is 2 data T1's were going into the T1 DSU/CSU cards (partly because the cables going into the ports are the same color as the cables coming out of the network interface jack - all the cabling runs up into the ceiling and back down into the data cabinet) but I couldn't determine where the voice PRI is connecting to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back