Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

geauxnads

Vendor
Jan 7, 2004
US
We purchased a MICS 5.1 with PRI from a bankruptcy sale and am trying to get the PRI codes from the system in case of a system failure. The system is installed and working properly with PRI. Is there any way we can retrieve the keycodes for the PRI as Nortel does not see this System ID as having PRI but it is working.

Unless you had them when they were entered they can not be viewed. Usualy we write the key code on the inside cover.

the keycode are assigned to your system id. if you pull the software cartridge, your system id will change and your keycodes are gone. good luck trying to get them from nortel. I have a theory that their a set amount of sys id in every mics cabinet and if you had a list of sys id that have keycodes recorded, you could cycle through pulling the cartridge out and your sys id would come back around to put your matching keycode in again, if you have them of course. have never made a list of system id and pri keycodes to check this out but I know the system id changes if you remove the software cartridge. sure would like to start a list of sys id and pri keycodes from people. I have about 7 right now.

Rechecked the system ID and Nortel does not see it registered with PRI but it does work and is active using an ATT PRI on their new business in a box solution. It has both a combo card and a 6 port fiber expansion card installed . We are only using a ASM on one of the fiber ports so when I removed the straight 6 port expansion card I get a Cold start message ....hence my worry about the PRI codes. I put back in the 6 port fiber and it goes away.

I do not think that a cold start will loose your pri. maybe someone else can vertify that.
telco 71

Yes a cold restart can change your system ID. It sees it as a downgrade and any downgrade can change the id.

At this point since Nortel does not see this system ID as having PRI codes is there a way to remove the second 6 port fiber expansion board that is not being used without losing the programing and codes ?

No
And still dont get how Nortel does not see it.
Do you have access to Nortel site or did you get an authorized vendor to check for you?
Not aware of any hacks so find this very odd.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

curley around 2002 & 2003 there were a lot of bogus keycodes that got loose in the market. Everything from PRI, Call Pilot, and BCM codes. Nortel had law suits against a few companies for selling these codes. We happen to get a few from a vendor that is no longer in business. The way we found out was we had codes on a BCM from that vendor then did an upgrade through a new vendor and all the old codes disappeared. Well we opened a ticket with Nortel and that’s when we found out about the bad codes. It seems that someone had stolen or hacked the algorithm they used to generate the codes not really sure which. None of these codes would show on Nortel's KRS because they were not activated through them.

Thanks for everyones input...I will just leave it alone since it is working just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back