Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI cod 75 336 & 44 372

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam173

Technical User
Jan 3, 2005
CA
Have a client wiht a PRI 7.0 on a MICS, had issues with alarm 75 which points to the carrier, but carrier said everything is fine. Today alarm 75 and 44 came up and client lost all calls for a few minutes, alarm 44 event 372 tells me check PRI card.

Any Idea where to start, to prove issue is with carrier?

Thanks

I can be almost certain that the problem is with the carrier, I've seen this many times. The chance that the problem is with the MICS is very slim but it could be and if it is you'd have to start by changing out the DTI Card and/or the patch cord. But as I've said, it is almost definitely the circuit.

Louie Roldan

Sounds like to me your getting whats called slips from the carrier.

Disclaimer> I could be wrong

how do you solve this, the client will start putting pressure on us

The carrier can put a monitor on the circuit at the customer's request. Make sure they leave that monitor on for at least 24 hours.

I have never even heard first hand of a DTI going bad, nor have any of the techs I've talked to. I have had PRI problems numerous times and they have always proved into the carrier, 100% of the time. Make sure your client is aware of the posts you've seen here and let them put the pressure on the telco.

Thanks for the feedback, seem to be my position as well, we will put pressure on the carrier if it persists.

Thanks again

I have had DTI's blow out, but not prove to be the cause of call trouble. When they go, they're dead completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back