Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Clocking Woes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kflounders

Programmer
Dec 8, 2002
US
I have a 406V2 @ 6.1 with two different PRIs on two separate PRI24 cards. Both providers are requesting that we use them for clocking so we are having a weird issue. If I clock off of PRI A and put PRI B into Unusable, PRI B will show no clock slips in System Status, but will produce a burst of static every 45 seconds on PRI B calls. If I clock off of PRI B and put PRI A to Unusable then I get clock slips on PRI A and once every couple of days the entire circuit goes completely static to the point where neither party can talk until the system is rebooted.

Kevin Flounders

I guess you will need to go for one provider or the other for both circuits then, having it done correctly is causing issues and setting both to clock will also cause issue I'm sure, did you try? :)

Tell one of the two providers to set their CPE to clock off of the PBX and don't take no for an answer. It doesn't really matter which one you set this as so long as the other circuit is providing a valid clock source.

I find that If am start out sweet with these CO repair guys/gals and then pull out the "well if you can't deliver on your SLA then I suppose you can just keep giving them credit until you do or let them out of their contract" that they typically come around.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back