Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI CHANNELS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahoogy

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
Does anyone know of a way to put channel/lines appearances on a set using pri?They apparantly had it set up this way before,I had to manually reprogram the entire system this weekend because of a corrupted software upgrade that was done without a backup,got everything working but cant find a way to make the first 12 cannels appear on the recept phone,Iv gave it multiple intercoms wich works fine,but some how they used to have lines 1-12 ring and appear?
thanks........

NOT ON A ISDN PRI, CAN'T BE DONE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

in earlier versions 4.1 i think ... you can program PRI trunks to appear on sets, but it cannot be done now ...(i dont know when it stopped but i like it this way)

you can program multiple appearances of the target lines though
say line 157 to appear sat 6 times on the reception phone 221
terminals and sets ...assign line 157 and show and then pick # of appearances

Go under lines access and hit show on that one line ( target line ? ). Hit show again and you can multiple appearances of that one target line. That's how you create a roll over group on the switchboard phone.

Hey thanks alot guys,that must of been how it was setup,then I can change the line name from l165 to the main phone #.
Excellent...

In versions 6.0 and up you can use the SWCA feature to emulate full line appearance on PRI installs.
Feature *521 and up for a total of 16 shared line appearances.
It is essentially a call park key with an indicator to show held lines on multiple sets using PRI.

Very cool enhancement

Ok argon,but does that show any activitie on that chanel and act as a ringing line appearance?
I guess I should try it.

I acts as a held line placement for all users with identical SWCA keys.
I typically assign all inbound target lines to ring only on the intercom keys (maximum of 8 intercom keys per handset).
Once you answer the call you can put it on hold using one of your assigned SWCA keys.
I have not found assigning multiple appearances of a target line to work better than ring only as you cannot put them on hold and emulate a square key system.
Also feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I have never been able to assign a full 23 line appearances of a target line to a M7324 with a CAP assignment.

I think you can with a regular t1 and put hands free-no int keys-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back