Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI can't trunk to trunk transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenie2

Technical User
Aug 27, 2003
US
When we hit transfer the last time the light flutters and the call is not connected. We can conference.

queenie2,

first check ch sys fe page 1 for "trunk to trunk transfer" field. if it is set to "none", you got it. second, check your trunk groups for disconnect supervision field, incoming and outgoing. if it is turned off, you got it.
be warned though that trunk to trunk transfer is a potential security hole and should be made as restricted as possible, otherwise you may get a huge ld bill next month.

We had this exact problem and changing the Disconnect Supervision fields for In and Out to Yes on the trunk group fixed it for us.

Hope that helps.

The trunk to trunk transfer field doesn't apply to a tie or isdn trunk group as long as the COR and COS have override set to yes. I tried changing the changing the disconnect supervision field in the trunk group and it didn't help.

queenie2,

do a list trace on such a call to see what's happening.

It's unfortunately a V6, trace starts with the 9, but thanks for the thought.

queenie,

I am having the same issue. All my settings appear to be correct. Just wont work on my 8700's. I have a G3si v10 and it works fine on this system. when I list trace it he says i needs the dis supervision turned on but it is already on for both. Must be missing something.

We had this problem with AT&T local and they turned answer supervision on in their switch, which caused it to work. SBC says the dms switch doesn't have settings like that. When you trace it does it give you an error code? I can't trace in my switch - because it's a V6. My contact at SBC says he can help me if I give him an error code (the hexidecimal number that isdn returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back