Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI can't make local calls using ACOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry312

Vendor
Sep 12, 2003
US
Just installed PRI on opt 11 3.0. Everything's working fine except when the console uses ACOD to give a restricted phone an outside line. Is it because you are accessing a channel and bypassing the D channel?
For now the operator is dialing the number and handing it off, but ideally they would like it to work like it did on the copper trunks.
Any answers or suggestions?

Hello Larry

This is a case of barring and restrictions. By default since Nortel did an overhaul on security many moons ago, they introduced "TARG" set to "1" on the RDB in LD 16 and all extensions had a "TGAR" set to "1".

This was to prevent dial through fraud and misuse of the phone system by extension users bypassing the standard NCOS barring as the ACOD was just a direct way of accessing a route.

If a route has a TARG and an extension has a TGAR of the same number, then access via the ACOD will be denied.

What you need to do is to go through the extension details of another set that is compatible with outgoing restrictions and change the affected phone to match it. This will mean removing the TGAR, but you will have to make sure that CLS = e.g. TLD and that you have an NCOS defined.

I've attached an old guide that might explain more.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks for the quick response Firebird. I'll read thru this. It just didn't make sense that any number that requires 10 digits goes through but 7 digit dialing is denied.

It will never bypass the D-Channel. What happens exactly when this occurs?

You could try removing the TARG on the route and see if that works

I'm on my way to the site now I'll let you know

If 10 digit goes through when you dial the acod and 7 does not - it's not a pbx programming issue. Talk to your pri vendor and see if they allow 7 digit translation on their end.

Well it turns out the site was actually putting a '1' in front of the 10 digits, assuming that if they had to dial the area code, they had to dial '1' also. Now they are fine with dialing 10 digits instead of 7.
Not that it matters now, but I still don't understand why on a non restricted phone you can dial 7 digits, but ACOD requires 10 for local calls. I cover a wide area and the 6 sites I have with opt11's only make up about 30% of my job, so unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to spend on them.
I talked to provider (Frontier)before I posted
and they said it was my issue.
Thank you to everyone that took the time to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back