Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI and privacy flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgideon

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
Is there a way to have the Legend mark a call as 'private' on a PRI facility? I've re-read on how to delete a copy-to number, or to program a specific number to send, but I can't find how to flag the call as private (a la *67) Anyone know how to do this?

Are you looking to do selective ani call blocking based on the number you dial, or are you trying to selectively block the caller id you receive based on the caller that is calling?...Actually neither can be done so it doesn't matter. Sorry.

I was looking to selectively (or accross the board) block for outbound calls on a PRI facility. I can see where to tell the Legend to not send anything, but our CLEC substitutes the main bill for anything it doesn't understand. I was hoping that if I could send the 'private' flag it would be respected.

It is an across the board setting, unfortunately, and cannot be selectively changed based on the number dialed.

Okay, so how do I mark all outbound calls 'private' when placing them over a PRI facility?

I would try having the Legend send a "BOGUS" number.

Like 312-555-1212 or something....

I have never had a need to do this, but I do know the Legend sends what you tell it.

Now, what the Dial Tone people do with it, I have no idea.

Setting a false number won't acheive the goal in this case... it will be over-ridden by my carrier with the main billing number. (They screen--I have to transmit a number in my range or they will send the main bill instead.)

If anyone does know how to get a Legend to flag a call as 'private', either per-call or accross the board, please let me know!

You can have your svc provider flag the calls as such by default.

A good suggestion GoKings, and I can use that as a last resort. It's a temporary need, and I was hoping to avoid involving the carrier, as they'll probably charge to make the change, and for the 'feature'.

If you don't need it a lot, why not add a CO trunk for "mystery" dialing, and give access to it to those who need it.

Pepperz@charter.net

Again, a good idea, but not worth the $$... we're technically overtrunked (full PRI and a full T1, no analog trunks), so that would be pure waste. If it really can't be done, I'll pursure having the carrier send all as private, but I'd really prefer to avoid that.

jgideon....I'll be more specific. It cannot be done. The only way you can accomplish this is with my suggestion of having the carrier flag calls with caller id blocked as a default. Whatever they charge you will be nominal. It is a simple procedure that will take them all of about 30 seconds.

I agree it should be nominal, but the carrier in question charged $250 NRC plus $75/mo for a similar one-time 30 second change. But, if that's the only option, that's what I'll do. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back