Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI & Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewhite

Vendor
Apr 19, 2005
US
The problem I'm having is the Caller ID isn't working. This is the 2nd service provider and it still don't work. All setting are set for Caller ID. When the provider set the circuit for a PRI nothing works(no incoming & outgoing calls). We they change it to a T1 everything work fine except the Caller ID. I have all my setting for a PRI. Can I have a bad PRI keycode?

Either you have a valid PRI keycode or you don't.

If you can configure a DTI as PRI, the keycode is valid. In programming, this is done under the Hardware heading. You may need to disable the cartridge first.

As for Caller ID, you still didn't say (in the current post and in your last post Thread799-1707693) if it isn't displayed before the call is answered but it is after, or if it isn't displayed at all.

It is possible that your DTI is faulty. The only way to find out is to try with another DTI.

If you can make and receive calls on the PRI and have the Caller ID setup correctly on the phone, its probably not the DTI card. I say TELCO!

Multimedium, no the Caller ID isn't working before or after you answer the call.

hewhite said:
Multimedium, no the Caller ID isn't working before or after you answer the call.

Thanks.

In that case, you can rule out programming.

Caller ID is always displayed after the call is answered, even if you didn't programmed anything.

When Caller ID isn't displayed after the call is answered, it is because the system doesn't receive the data.

ptstechnician has a good point. A DTI, either configured as T1 or PRI, doesn't work partially: it works or it doesn't. If you can make and receive calls, there is no reason why the Caller ID would be ignored by the system, lost in the wiring or gone like magic.

Also, don't take the word of your telco for granted. There is a difference between subscribing a user to Caller ID in the billing system and configuring the switch at the CO to send the data. You should ask to speak with a tech from the telco and have him check, double-check and check once again that Caller ID is actually being sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back