Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

streaker1974

Technical User
Mar 9, 2011
US
I have a customer with a Nortel MICS 4.1 wi 6.04, and they want to change from analog lines to a PRI. Will it work properly on this software version, or do I need to upgrade to avoid problems? Thanks so much!

I would go with 7.1 which is squeaky clean of issues, problem is you may need to upgrade the voice mail too....what version is it? press 9 when you log into it.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

If I upgrade to a 7.1, won't I have to upgrade to a 6.1 first? Don't know the version of the voicemail yet. Thank you, curlycord!

So, would the customer have to purchase 2 upgrade cards? I believe the NVRAM is at an 02. Thanks,Brian!

I've never programmed a PRI on a Nortel MICS before. I am very confused about destination codes. Are they similar to ARS? I'm not sure what to enter in the system. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Look in our FAQ's section, there is a how to on PRI.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks, curlycord, but I already read it. It still doesn't explain what destination codes are. Thanks again!

A dest code is a series of digits that are dialed on an intercom path. They point to a route. Within the dest code you can say whether to send all, none or a portion of the code out over the route. Or you can add digits to the dialing string.

Example
Destination code 9, absorb all digits (which means the code is not sent out}, route 001.
Route 001 is a pool of lines or an individual line or a PRI
User dials 9=xxx-xxx-xxxx. xxx-xxx-xxxx is sent out over Route 001.

More complex codes can be created:
Destiation code 4 absorb none, route 002
Route 002 is Point to point PRI to a PBX
User dials 4321; 4 says use route 002 and 4321 is sent out the PRI to reach ext 4321 on the pbx.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Thanks so much, allworxguy! so, it is similar to ARS. I really appreciate the info! wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back